The MT-07 Forum

Aftermarket Handle Bars

howlinhoss

I was looking through the FZ09 forums and I see some people swapping their OEM bars. I like the look and lower rise of some of the bars, including Renthal, Pro Taper, Clubman, and Rizoma.

Have any of you changed or plan on changing your bars? If so post some pics and give us a review!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I plan on changing mine out. Not a fan of the silver color. I'll prolly go with pro taper evo bars. Unsure on what bend style I want tho.

• Premium Member

I plan on changing mine also at some point. I had Suburban Machinery bars on my SV650 and absolutely loved them. Transformed the bike. I gave them a call and sadly they will not be developing any new bike parts as their company is focused on other projects. They do however have bars for Ducati Monsters, Ninja's, and of course the SV 650. I may give them a look and see if they'll work on the FZ-07.

- Paulie

TwistedTorque

I know it's the fz-09 but Sportbiketrackgear did a fiber replacement on their giveaway bike. Might help give people ideas.

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder how many people had them installed wrong by their dealer.
Mine had a positive angle past the forks

I rotated mine towards the rear of the bike like my Buell had its bars and it is much better now

I plan on changing mine also at some point. I had Suburban Machinery bars on my SV650 and absolutely loved them. Transformed the bike. I gave them a call and sadly they will not be developing any new bike parts as their company is focused on other projects. They do however have bars for Ducati Monsters, Ninja's, and of course the SV 650. I may give them a look and see if they'll work on the FZ-07. 
- Paulie
Have you found of if they work for the fz?

• Premium Member
- Paulie
Have you found of if they work for the fz?
I haven't purchased a set yet.  They have a 30 day return policy and I'm still waiting fro other items to become available so I'll get them when it gets closer to the other stuff coming in, as not to bust the 30 day return policy if they don't work :) 
- Paulie

Guest MXRider

Are the FZ bars tapered? I didn't think so. They appear to be 7/8" not the 1 1/8" like Pro Tapers. So you would need to change your clamps as well.

• 3 weeks later...
wideopenallthetime

Just installed a set of rethnal street bars. Love them... a little wider and sweep back more about the same height as stock but the black I got looks way better especially after some new controls :) a couple things to note...the stock bars are 7/8 with threaded 14 mm bar ends..so the stock bar ends won't work (aftermarket mirrors or hand guards would fix that) and you need to either drill 3 small holes for your starter/t-signal switches or grind the little bung off of them.. I ground them off and it worked great. Another thing to note is that rethnal street bars are avalable in a few different bends, hi, med,low, and street fighter..I don't know what street fighter bend is like...I purchased low and they are almost the same as stock just a hair shorter I think...hope that helps :)

olderthandirt

Just installed a set of rethnal street bars. Love them... a little wider and sweep back more about the same height as stock but the black I got looks way better especially after some new controls :) a couple things to note...the stock bars are 7/8 with threaded 14 mm bar ends..so the stock bar ends won't work (aftermarket mirrors or hand guards would fix that) and you need to either drill 3 small holes for your starter/t-signal switches or grind the little bung off of them.. I ground them off and it worked great. Another thing to note is that rethnal street bars are avalable in a few different bends, hi, med,low, and street fighter..I don't know what street fighter bend is like...I purchased low and they are almost the same as stock just a hair shorter I think...hope that helps :)
Pm sent... 

Congress is the only whore house in the United States that loses money.

This post is useless without pictures! I have Renthal ultra lows in gold. Installing it this weekend.

• Premium Member

Wow, that look great! I've been in touch with Suburban Machinery...I have a few sets of their bars coming to do some testing. If all goes well, I'll be keeping one of them :)

- Paulie

wideopenallthetime

Thanks! I just got back from a lil ride and I love them...the width makes all the difference now my hands are where my bar ends used to be...way better imo deff worth the 60 bucks

Greenhound386

Looks great, man! Looks like your phone / camera is wrapped in saran wrap though, haha.

I'm looking at bars now after seeing your pics. Gotta decide between black or gold. My FZ is red as well, so yours provides a good example.

You going barends or mirrors in the ends?

2011 ZX-6R
2015 FZ-07

I don't know if I like how wide they are. Probably one of those things you gotta see in person to get a true perspective. But it looks like you have room on the left side for a phone mount now! Lol. There's absolutely no room on the stock bars for anything extra.

wideopenallthetime

Haha my cameras broke is can believe it took that good of pics lol. I wanted gold to begin with but I think that gold controls will be enough after I get my hands on the illusive fz-09 inverted gold forks ;) as for bar ends I think I'm going to make a go pro mount/hand guard setup...gotta engineer some stuff for that tho lol... as for being wider I put my bar ends back in my old bars and compared width...the new renthals look to be about 3/4 wider over stock but without bar ends so your grips are further out... and I do have a little room to mount some stuff on them too now that you mention it haha

• Premium Member
crazycracka501
I don't know if I like how wide they are. Probably one of those things you gotta see in person to get a true perspective. But it looks like you have room on the left side for a phone mount now! Lol. There's absolutely no room on the stock bars for anything extra.
That's not exactly true, I moved my mirror and front brake assembly over just a little to get my throttle lock in place and it works beautifully.   

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f118/guerro501/IMG_0235_zps8e8ab9b6.jpg
Hope this helps

Make it stop!....Now make it go faster!

• 2 weeks later...

Just installed a set of Renthal ultra-low street bars like wideopenallthetime above and gotta say that it's the best sixty bucks I've spent, I hated the stock bars from day one, they were too narrow and had too much pull back, these Renthals are perfect, they are wider for more/better leverage and a tad lower to put a little more weight on the front end and the pull back is not nearly as aggressive as the stockers, if you're considering them go for it, you won't regret it...

I got the ultra lows installed. They feel awesome. Like it was said above the bars are wider and have more sweep towards the rider. Overall I love them.

Archived