The MT-07 Forum

New member from Finland!

689twin

I'm 18 old male from finland.
Mt-07 will be my first big bike after 125cc. Sadly i need to restriction kit to make it 35kw but i think its still plenty fast enough for me:p I bought it because it was cheap and it got very good reviews. I almost bought cbr500r but luckily yamaha launched mt-07 and i got much more fun bike with almost the same money and i can use it with full power after 2 years and save some money :cool:

• Global Moderator

Ha! I thought you'd be European. Finland is the Canada of Europe right?
What colour is it? Post pictures if you like.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome 689twin! You made the right choice on the bike. So you are restricted to about 26 hp for the first two years?

Illegitimi non carborundum

The bike is matt grey. We also love hockey in Finland :D and we got lots of snow but I dont know about the rest. ;) the restriction is 35kw/48hp its only 27 less than full power. Accerelation is slower little over 5 seconds 0-100 kmh 0-60mph and top speed is almost 200 kmh.

Here is couple of photos from track day

be7ysusy.jpg

5e7ysuge.jpg

abe9apah.jpg

ygeja6yd.jpg

• Global Moderator

That looks like a fun day on the bike. I need to find a track around here.

• Global Moderator

Wow, look at those tires! No Chicken Strips for Mr. 689twin  :o

The bike is matt grey. We also love hockey in Finland :D and we got lots of snow but I dont know about the rest. ;) the restriction is 35kw/48hp its only 27 less than full power. Accerelation is slower little over 5 seconds 0-100 kmh 0-60mph and top speed is almost 200 kmh. 
Same law through out Europe. All new riders have to have restriction on their bike if they make more than 47HP, hence the Honda NC700X that was made for that reason.

Archived