The MT-07 Forum

Joining The Club

binaryjams

Hello everyone!

Picking up my new (to me) FZ-07 tomorrow and can't wait!

I started riding about 3 years ago with a '72 Honda CL350, until early last summer it developed a crack in the cylinder jugs and I had to put it away. I thought to myself... "you know, since I gotta take this thing all apart anyway, I should build a cafe! But what am I gonna ride in mean time?"

So after months of research and test rides, I finally decided that the FZ-07 suited me perfectly. I mostly ride in and around the city, but am planning on using it for some weekend mountain trips this summer. Just this weekend I found a barely used '14 for sale locally (1400 miles) and pounced on it. Test rode it today and picking it up tomorrow!

Anyway, thought I'd introduce myself and see how many other Pacific Northwesterners are on this forum.

I'm so excited I'm not gonna be able to sleep tonight!

Which part of the PNW?

There is a western region forum on here so you can see who's where and what and why and whutzit and stuff.

Engaging with people that have personality disorders on a message board is like arguing with a rock.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Welcome binaryjams! Glad you joined our cool club! Post some pics when you get a chance.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Welcome! I'm from down south of you a bit, Olympia. Currently helping my buddy rebuild his CL350 scrambler, got another friend doing a cafe CB360 as well. Cool little bikes.

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

Welcome! My friend had a '71 CB350, nice ride. Your CL350 will make a great project bike.

• Global Moderator

Great to have you on board, thanks for joining. Post some pictures when you get the chance, peeps love pics !

At the request of some of you, here's some pics!

Sorry I only took one, and its not wonderful, but hey. We all know what these bikes look like... Also, once I got it home yesterday I was more interested in riding it than taking pictures, naturally.

YNLPIlR.jpg

Also, for @danzieg and @easternkayaker , here's the CL, along with my '60 Chev, and (now sold) '25 Ford. @danzieg , when I finish it we should have a little cafe and FZ ride day. I could trailer both bikes down to Oly and head toward the coast or somethin...

GJQu20n.jpg

Nice rides! (Both the 2 and 4 wheel ones)

I'd definitely be down to take a ride out to the coast, was planning to this summer anyway with my aforementioned old-bike buddies.

• Global Moderator

I'll start off by saying you bought the wrong color.
You could've matched your honda :)
Also welcome.

Since you're in the seattle area
if you end up looking for a bit more power, @2wheeldynoworks isnt too far from you over in kirkland(?) Or woodinville(?) Something like that

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

2wheeldynoworks
I'll start off by saying you bought the wrong color. You could've matched your honda :)
Also welcome.

Since you're in the seattle area
if you end up looking for a bit more power, @2wheeldynoworks isnt too far from you over in kirkland(?) Or woodinville(?) Something like that
Kirkland :) 
and wow look at those trucks!

Archived