The MT-07 Forum

First Service - Suggestions

Kipawa

Guest MXRider
These services are basically scams to get more money from you. Everything is very easy to do yourself with basic hand tools.  
Synching the throttle bodies is also easy and the gauge they use can be had for not much money.
Ahem.... Throttle body adjustment tutortial please!
I have the tools needed in the garage, maybe I can get a local member to let me borrow their bike and do a write up.

Guest MXRider
I can bring mine by MXRider, I'm only ~30 minutes from you.
I could do that. Doing some research on Motion Pro's website, I think I need a set of vacuum adapters for my sync tool, but they are only a few bucks. I'm also actively trying to get my hands on a Yamaha service manual for this bike. But I'm confident I can get by without one for this job. It's fairly easy. More time consuming than anything due to having to strip the bike down to access the throttle bodies.

I think I am near you all as well. I would love to meet up with you all and have some knowledge dropped on me.

I will say that my eff-zee is shifting much more smoothly after my 1st service .. no doubt due to the chain adjustment they did.

MarylandFZ07
Yeah no problem. I'm always willing to help out fellow riders with stuff like this.
i am maybe 10 min from howlinhoss. If you guys are doing a meet up. count me in !

Guest MXRider

Before I get ahead of myself let me get the service manual on order. Yamaha Publications lists it as in stock. I'll place an order for it this week and we will go from there. I also need to order the vacuum adapters for my manometer to fit the Yamaha's.

So after my first service, which cost $160 Canadian with no throttle body sink, shifting has dramatically improved as soon as I took off from the dealer. I had already adjusted the chain my self before going in because it had about 3" of slack.

2015 Matte Metallic Grey FZ-07

MarylandFZ07

I adjusted the chain already (myself)...

the 600 mile service will cover what for me exactly?

oil change
TB sync
... adjust shifter?

Guest MXRider

Most of the dealerships are just gonna change the oil and filter, adjust the chain and lube it, and make sure everything else is in adjustment or tight.

They aren't really doing anything special and many are reporting they didn't touch the throttle bodies.

Most of the dealerships are just gonna change the oil and filter, adjust the chain and lube it, and make sure everything else is in adjustment or tight.  
They aren't really doing anything special and many are reporting they didn't touch the throttle bodies.
They did not list that on mine so don't think they touched them.  I'm sure that would have been another hour of labor at the least.

Guest MXRider
They did not list that on mine so don't think they touched them.  I'm sure that would have been another hour of labor at the least.
I agree, it would add another hour labor charge at least. I don't see them going that far into the bike with a $150 service including parts.

I'll find out soon enough how long of a job it is. Got a shipping notice this afternoon for both my adapters and the service manual.

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

My bike had its 600 mile service done today. The dealer adjusted throttle body sync, throttle free play, checked idle speed, replaced oil and filter, checked battery, cooling system, brake fluid, pads and system, lights, clutch, side stand, suspension, nuts, bolts, fasteners, chassis lube, cleaned, lubed and adjusted the chain and checked tire pressure. It took 2 hours and cost me $233.83.

Illegitimi non carborundum

olderthandirt

Since this is a first year model....I took my bike to a friend with a legit motorcycle repair business just so I had some kind of documentation for future warranty issues...if any. He did everything that Yamaha wants in the owners handbook for the 600 mi service. Took him 3 hours total and charged me $130.00. Valves and throttle body sync were within specs.

Congress is the only whore house in the United States that loses money.

• 5 months later...
Service manual came in today. So if anyone has any questions regarding servicing their bike you can message me.  
D8F4E4AD-BECD-4ED0-98CB-0F3947AA77D4_zps3zbavclx.jpg
We should all send him $5 each to cover the price of the service manual (If we did i'm sure he would make a boat load of money after covering the expense of the manual) and in return he should take high def photos of each page and make a thread LOL 

I'm just a soul whose intentions are good

• 5 months later...

Archived