The MT-07 Forum

Akrapovic Titanium vs. Stock Exhaust Sound Comparison Video

Tyler Jane

Hi guys,

I watched a TON of exhaust videos before buying the Akrapovic, and I wanted add my own contribution to the mix. I tried to make the comparison as accurate as possible by using a dedicated digital recorder with no automatic normalization/compression. But I still had to bump up the levels on the stock video because it was just SO much quieter. Regardless, it should still be pretty accurate.

Many thanks to @tuninghq for the stage 1 kit. I'm still working on dialing in the right settings on the EJK, but it's all been great so far. I just can't get over how good it sounds!

Enjoy,

[video src=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zs81tMrwRrk]

@tylerjanebr,

Glad to hear you are enjoying the Exhaust and EJK.

Let me know if I can help with those settings.

-TuningHQ

d5c39f57-59c4-41a4-b04f-036c853f2a64_zpse3f79d78.jpg

• Premium Member
snowdriftless

A video of an FZ-07 with the Ti Akrapovic (Baffle removed) was one of the main reasons why I choose the FZ-07 over other bikes. To me it sounds like a Ducati (Without all the extra desmo rattle). Most of that has to do with the 270 degree crank pin spacing but an aftermarket exhaust really helps the engine sing.

P1: Vice? I have no vice, I'm as pure as the driven snow!
P2: Yeah but you've been drifting

All the gear all the time!

A video of an FZ-07 with the Ti Akrapovic (Baffle removed) was one of the main reasons why I choose the FZ-07 over other bikes. To me it sounds like a Ducati (Without all the extra desmo rattle). Most of that has to do with the 270 degree crank pin spacing but an aftermarket exhaust really helps the engine sing.
Was it this video?? 

Because holy crap, I've watched this one like a hundred times... So freaking good.

• Premium Member
snowdriftless
Was it this video?? 

Because holy crap, I've watched this one like a hundred times... So freaking good.
Nope, This: 
[video src=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNyl9SkOhDo]

P1: Vice? I have no vice, I'm as pure as the driven snow!
P2: Yeah but you've been drifting

All the gear all the time!

@tylerjanebr That's a great video!!! Sounds awesome!

Also, the guys with ejk are amazing. I didn't buy from them cause I got mine used, but they're so great I may end up getting the ejk anyway. @tuninghq

Do you recommend anywhere I can get the DNA air filter and intake? Yours sounds deeper than mine, but I don't have the DNA stuff, only removed the snorkel

Do you think it's possible to replace the air filter just by removing the front seat? I really want to avoid removing everything again lol

@roadrunner: I bought the DNA items straight from the manufacturer:

Cover: http://www.e-dnafilters.com/Product.asp?ID=2075
Filter: http://www.e-dnafilters.com/Product.asp?ID=2066

It was shipped from greece, but surprisingly I think it was delivered in less than a week.

I can't remember if you can install the cover with only the seat removed. I had my gas tank partially removed to install the EJK and I installed the filter and cover at the same time. There is one deep screw holding the filter in and I can't remember if the tank is directly over it or not.

Glad you enjoyed the video!

• Premium Member
xcarbonsteelx

I have to say I do like your video and the sound comparison.

That said, videos in general do not do justice for this exhaust. I also have the titanium Akrapovic on mine and man does it sound amazing IRL!!!

- xCarbonSteelx

• Global Moderator
@roadrunner: I bought the DNA items straight from the manufacturer: 
Cover: http://www.e-dnafilters.com/Product.asp?ID=2075
Filter: http://www.e-dnafilters.com/Product.asp?ID=2066

It was shipped from greece, but surprisingly I think it was delivered in less than a week.

I can't remember if you can install the cover with only the seat removed. I had my gas tank partially removed to install the EJK and I installed the filter and cover at the same time. There is one deep screw holding the filter in and I can't remember if the tank is directly over it or not.

Glad you enjoyed the video!

Yeah..no..
the fuel tank needs to be removed/relocated before you can access 3 of the 5 screws holding in the air filter. that deep one is a complete pain in the ass. Ive since given up fitting mine until i get a 2wdw flash for it.

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

@tylerjanebr @sorkyah I think I'm gonna skip the DNA filter stuff. I read some where that you can get the same effect by just removing the snorkel. Supposedly DNA did their testing on mt-07s, which have a way more restrictive snorkel. But the US version isn't as restrictive, so removing the snorkel gives the same effect

At least that's what I read lol

• Global Moderator
@tylerjanebr @sorkyah I think I'm gonna skip the DNA filter stuff. I read some where that you can get the same effect by just removing the snorkel. Supposedly DNA did their testing on mt-07s, which have a way more restrictive snorkel. But the US version isn't as restrictive, so removing the snorkel gives the same effect 
At least that's what I read lol

The DNA filter has a larger opening than the stock filter. The lid itself has a much larger opening to fit the larger filter openin and has a velocity stack type fillet around the opening to increase airflow into the filter.

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• 1 month later...

FZ-07 Forum Members!

TOMORROW AND TOMORROW ONLY, 12/16/15 we will be having a sale on all Akrapovic exhausts. An additional 5% off all exhaust only and stage 1 kits.

This includes the Akrapovic Carbon and Titanium for the FZ-07 as well as all other Akrapovic exhausts.

If you have another bike and are interested in an Akrapovic exhaust, drop us a PM.

-TuningHQ

d5c39f57-59c4-41a4-b04f-036c853f2a64_zpse3f79d78.jpg

Archived