The MT-07 Forum

My $18.81 Throttle Body Sync Tool

xdr

Very nice. Will you be going in bike whole with an angled screwdriver and pliers or stripping the bike apart?

I bought the angled screwdriver, so we'll see if I can get the cap off and back on.

I'll be testing this out this weekend. I included vacuum restrictors in the setup to slow down surges and help stabilize the fluid. 
0495967D-F5D4-4053-B8FE-E9D5D0670621_zpsfquhmtfh.jpg19AC0A79-92E5-4D64-B0C1-BE3176EAAC05_zps34h6bkyt.jpg
46E1265B-4651-4BAF-BE40-F6A5D193B5DA_zpswj2ncsrs.jpg
A04260C8-A57E-4EB4-BE77-9D5E7078E551_zpskgn1m5gk.jpg

Can we get a parts list and how to?! This is on my to do list.

It's easy with a long angled pair of needle nose pliers. I have the 90 degrees they sell at autozone, but I supposed 45s would work too.

I used;
3/16 tubing, 20' Hardware Store
Vinyl Trim, Hardware Store
Zip Ties, Anywhere
ATF, Auto Parts Store
3/16 vacuum restrictor, x2 Auto Parts Store
3/16 elbow, kit Auto Parts Store

Looking at the images you should be able to gather how its constructed fairly easy, main thing is to keep the sides even. Each side has 24" where fluid can travel, hardest part was getting fluid into the tube, which I may have too much but I'll see how it acts when I do my sync.

atf ? isnt that to thick to get a true measurement?
Everything i've been reading says to use ATF or 2-stroke oil mainly for color. If it ends up too thick I'll swap it out for antifreeze. Now as far as being accurate, yes ATF will be accurate, but may not show minor variations. A lighter/thinner fluid could be more prone to fluctuations and be harder to stabilize. 

Well this tool is a no-go for right now, I used 3/16 ID tubing (to match elbows and vacuum restrictors), and it is too large to seal on the throttle body nipple. My plan is to take some 1/4" ID tubing, and some 1/4" OD/0.170 ID tubing and make an adapter than is a little bit smaller.

I was able to get the cap and tubing on the [HASH]2 TB without issue so I will be doing this without disassembling the bike.

Well the ATF worked fine and the vacuum restrictors help slow down the movement alot between adjustments. I'm uploading videos now of the setup, I think any thinner fluid would have not worked as well. Starting cold the [HASH]2 TB pulled allot more vacuum. Did all adjustments with a fully warmed engine. A tip with the adjuster screw, make adjustments then remove screwdriver, the weight of the screwdriver changes the reading.

1/8" ID tubing should fit the nipple, and seal inside 1/4" ID tubing.
I ended up using 3/16" ID for the manometer, .170" ID for the TB connection, and 1/4" to connect the two. Didn't see any 1/8" tubing at Lowes, only those 3 sizes for the smaller stuff. 

Archived