The MT-07 Forum

M4 or hyperlow exhaust?

christenson9

Anybody have opinions on the m4 or hyperlow exhaust? I have narrowed my search down to these two but cant decide which one to go with.

• 2 weeks later...

I am still a good way away from upgrading the exhaust but after watching YouTube clips of all the ones I could find on the MT/FZ-07 I think the Hyperlow sounds pretty damn good and IIRC is one of the cheapest options as well to boot. That's the one I am looking to get when the time comes.

If you don't care about losing low end power/torque either pipe are a fine waste of money. I kid. You don't lose that much but (IMO) for what you pay you 'should be' getting gains other than just looks & sound. I like the sound of both but I like the looks of the hyperlow better. It looks like a hot-rod pipe and this is a hot-rod bike. 

Beemer

• Premium Member

I just ordered the M4 and awaiting for it to arrive. The video clips of it sound great and I like the style of it. Most of all it doesn't cost a lot. Yes you have to cut the stock exhaust to fit it but then I'll just go on eBay and buy another full stock exhaust for like $125

• Premium Member

I was not planning on getting an exhaust at first and pulled the trigger on a 2 brothers and so glad I did. I could care less if there is more power the sound is worth every penny IMO.

I think you will be pleased with what ever one you get. It will catch attention for sure no more wimpy scooter sound. Unless you are a ninja and you like it quiet.

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

• Premium Member

My buddy rolls with his M4 (baffle out) and it roars like a 70s muscle car. My hyped up scooter sound is kinda embarrassing. That being said, I plan on picking up the M4/EJK in the next couple months although I will be keeping the baffle in. To me I truly do like the two brothers and many of the others although I don't like them twice as much when compared to the money they cost. If money was not a problem I would definitely go with another. At the end of the day, we are talking about 1-3hp at 8K rpm for $600-1100 (including EJK). That being said....sure the M4 is a slip on so you are gonna see the ghetto attachment to existing headers and you are not going to get the nice shiny pipes but, is that really worth twice the cost? Not for me. The can looks good and the thing sounds great so the M4 has a thumbs up here.

I say all this and who knows....I still may change my mind and splurge on the more expensive kits.

I can only relate this purchase to a factory pipe I bought for $1k. At least that gave me 15 more ponies on a 800cc motor. I don't believe we can simply bolt anything on to this machine to get that type of gain.

Archived