The MT-07 Forum

FZ-07 pricing thread

Cruizin

What is the trend on FZ-07 prices? I've seen $6300 and $6000 advertised at a couple of Yamaha dealers in Southern California on craigslist. I realize that's not the OTD price. As more FZ-07 's come into the USA are the prices starting to drop? 
Thoughts?
I'm curious too. There is only one dealership in my area that will sell the bike for $6700 OTD. Everyone else wanted $7600-$7700 so every time I ask if they can match $6700, they give me a GTFO face. Seriously, they're actually insisting that they would take a loss selling at $6700. Do certain dealerships get better rates or what? 

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey guys, I'm new here and have been looking into buying an FZ-07 from a local dealer here in FL. I was quoted an OTD price of 7,910, but felt that was a little high. Taxes @ 7% of MSRP is $490, plus $100 doc fee brings the bike close to $7600 and then the remainder comes from crate fees. How are you guys getting your bikes so cheap?
Definitely move out of Florida. There's a guy that buys Hayabusas in the MN winters and flips them in Florida.

I'm curious as to what people have been paying in central Texas? I swung by the dealer yesterday and after s $300 "discount" it was still just over $8k otd. Seems really step if people in California can pick them up for ~$6700 otd.

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

$7790 OTD includes delivery to my house 20 miles away. I live in Southeastern PA and purchased a red FZ-07 on 2/11/2015.

• Premium Member
snowdriftless

I received a quote of $7251.75 in Moline, IL Haven't purchased one yet but their is a dealer that is 70 miles closer that's only $130 more.

P1: Vice? I have no vice, I'm as pure as the driven snow!
P2: Yeah but you've been drifting

All the gear all the time!

$7790 OTD includes delivery to my house 20 miles away. I live in Southeastern PA and purchased a red FZ-07 on 2/11/2015.
Hey, I am also in Se PA and was quoted $8100 out the door (only $500 less than their FZ-09s) where about did you pick yours up? I noticed that out in Tyrone PA they are saying 5999 before tax/tags/title and I have sent them an email. I am not sure if they are applying the Yamaha new years discount to the FZ-07 or what. Hope to find out, as it's the difference of an Exhaust, tune, and frame sliders.

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker
Hey, I am also in Se PA and was quoted $8100 out the door (only $500 less than their FZ-09s) where about did you pick yours up? I noticed that out in Tyrone PA they are saying 5999 before tax/tags/title and I have sent them an email. I am not sure if they are applying the Yamaha new years discount to the FZ-07 or what. Hope to find out, as it's the difference of an Exhaust, tune, and frame sliders.
Hi kwaipuak,I purchased my FZ-07 from Martin Motorsports located in Boyertown, PA.  First time customer with them, transaction was easy and staff was nice.  My salesman's name was Jack Gonzalez. They also have a nice showroom.   Good Luck,Chuck 

Guest sportyeight
I received a quote of $7251.75 in Moline, IL Haven't purchased one yet but their is a dealer that is 70 miles closer that's only $130 more.
If you're in Illinois, World of Powersports in Peoria is ok. I went in and told them I wanted $6k on my trade and I'd give them $800 to get it OTD. At first they didn't bite, but I told them Westfield Indiana was sending them OTD for MSRP and I'd be happy to drive over there to pick one up. Then we had a deal.

• Premium Member
snowdriftless
If you're in Illinois, World of Powersports in Peoria is ok. I went in and told them I wanted $6k on my trade and I'd give them $800 to get it OTD. At first they didn't bite, but I told them Westfield Indiana was sending them OTD for MSRP and I'd be happy to drive over there to pick one up. Then we had a deal.
I am actually in Iowa.

P1: Vice? I have no vice, I'm as pure as the driven snow!
P2: Yeah but you've been drifting

All the gear all the time!

Hi kwaipuak,I purchased my FZ-07 from Martin Motorsports located in Boyertown, PA.  First time customer with them, transaction was easy and staff was nice.  My salesman's name was Jack Gonzalez. They also have a nice showroom.   Good Luck,Chuck 

OK, great. I am down in West Chester and I have a buddy living in Boyertown, so that would be an option unless I can get one cheaper in Tyrone.

What is the trend on FZ-07 prices? I've seen $6300 and $6000 advertised at a couple of Yamaha dealers in Southern California on craigslist. I realize that's not the OTD price. As more FZ-07 's come into the USA are the prices starting to drop? 
Thoughts?

~ pedropat, Jan 29, 2015 at 9:41am
I'm curious too. There is only one dealership in my area that will sell the bike for $6700 OTD. Everyone else wanted $7600-$7700 so every time I ask if they can match $6700, they give me a GTFO face. Seriously, they're actually insisting that they would take a loss selling at $6700. Do certain dealerships get better rates or what?

Read more: http://fz07.org/thread/24/fz-07-pricing-thread?page=15#ixzz3S8FSNyIU

Well I went on to Edmunds.com to get an idea of what dealers might be paying. As far as I can figure, without considering any special factory to dealer incentives my guess is $6000ish. If you add California sales tax which (8.75%here) plus California license comes to roughly 10% then throw in a bare bones put it together fee of $100 and there is you $6700. deal, but I don't believe that. If you can find one that cheap I say go for it!

I paid 8K OTD at Beaumont Powersports in SoCal.

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker

OK, great. I am down in West Chester and I have a buddy living in Boyertown, so that would be an option unless I can get one cheaper in Tyrone.
Kwaipuak, There is a dealer in Manheim, PA named B&B Sales and Service, that gave me a OTD quote of $7,479 for a new red FZ-07 they had on the showroom floor.  Their location was too far for me, which is why I went with Martin's.  Their website still list this same bike for $6,287 + tax,dealer prep,freight,tags,etc...  

I got qouted 8,318.61 otd when I went to put my reserve down this morning. Any tips for haggling when I go to pick it up? This is my first bike purchase and I found dealer cost online to be 6300 although I don't know how accurate that is.

Unit price: 6,990
Freight: 498
Handling: 280
Vehicle tax: 239.01
Doc fees: 199
License fees: 99
NCI: 13.60

Hey, guys. I haven't read the entire thread and I don't know where you are all located, but while shopping I found that Unlimited in Tyrone, PA has great prices. Check their eBay page they break down all their fees. They quoted me $6,380 without tax or tags because I'm in FL. Also, Westfield in Indiana gave me a better price: $6,800 and they would process the FL registration and tags from there. I wanted to pay with the yamaha credit card and for that both dealers told me I had to go the store. Of course, for me to travel there adding gas, etc would be almost the same cost as buying local, but these prices gave me a base to negotiate with and got my bike today for $7,500. I think I got a decent deal.

• Premium Member
Eastern Kayaker
Hey, guys. I haven't read the entire thread and I don't know where you are all located, but while shopping I found that Unlimited in Tyrone, PA has great prices. Check their eBay page they break down all their fees. They quoted me $6,380 without tax or tags because I'm in FL. Also, Westfield in Indiana gave me a better price: $6,800 and they would process the FL registration and tags from there. I wanted to pay with the yamaha credit card and for that both dealers told me I had to go the store. Of course, for me to travel there adding gas, etc would be almost the same cost as buying local, but these prices gave me a base to negotiate with and got my bike today for $7,500. I think I got a decent deal.
Congratulations, that is a good deal.  

Awesome, I'm about 150mi from Tyrone, I think I will try to pick up my FZ from them around Easter.

Region: Southern California
City: Los Angeles Metro
Dealer: Wheels in Motion
Date Purchased:  Feb 17, 2015

Price for bike: $7000
Taxes, Licensing, Registration: $800
Total paid: $7800

This was the best I could find, with most shops looking to add on fees for freight and setup, pushing costs up $600-$1000 dollars.
Wheels in Motion was pleasant to deal with and did not require negotiation to obtain the MSRP price without added fees.

• 2 weeks later...
Just bought my FZ07 at Del Amo through Charlie Adamson, 7500 OTD. My first bike deal, so I dont think it was a great deal, but not a rip off either. The deal was done quickly, so I imagine that there was still some room to negotiate... I see some people getting crazy deals in other places... Next time I will go through forums PRIOR to purchasing. lol... Just got too excited I guess... 

I got my FZ-07 Last weekend at Del Amo in Socal as well. Went in for the Costco deal and it was $7900 OTD, told them i would only pay $7500 and they came back with $7600, I just took the deal cuz I didn't want to haggle over $100. Not sure the breakdown of costs because I didn't care and only cared about my OTD price since I paid cash.

• Premium Member
I got qouted 8,318.61 otd when I went to put my reserve down this morning. Any tips for haggling when I go to pick it up? This is my first bike purchase and I found dealer cost online to be 6300 although I don't know how accurate that is.  

Did you already put a deposit down? Did you verify it was refundable? If it wasn't, I wouldn't put anything down.

I made the mistake of doing that and woefully regret it.

Everything went braap.

Did you already put a deposit down? Did you verify it was refundable? If it wasn't, I wouldn't put anything down.

I made the mistake of doing that and woefully regret it.

I didn't check and realized I should've as soon as I left. I'd imagine it probably is, but could be wrong.

I checked another dealer and they qouted me OTD at 100 more, so I think I'm just gonna suck it up and pay it. They already got me approved for financi and everything anyway.

• Premium Member

That's not bad then. I found a much better offer, even after losing the deposit. I was intent on getting the bike until the very last moments, when said offer appeared. Looking back still shouldn't have put such a deposit down.

Live and learn, caught up in the process and reward.

Everything went braap.

• Premium Member

Well I went on to Edmunds.com to get an idea of what dealers might be paying...

How exactly did you find motorcycle pricing info on Edmunds? As far as I can tell, there is no way possible to get motorcycle information on that site. If you know of a "secret back door" to that info I sure would be interested. Thanks!

• Global Moderator

kbb.com has motorcycle values (scroll down to the bottom of the page). The FZ-07 is not there yet however.

That's not bad then. I found a much better offer, even after losing the deposit. I was intent on getting the bike until the very last moments, when said offer appeared. Looking back still shouldn't have put such a deposit down.  
Live and learn, caught up in the process and reward.
Well, I had some time to kill between errands today, so I stopped by the shop that offered me OTD at $100 more. Told them I had one reserved at another dealer and asked if they could beat the price. Came back to me at 8k even OTD but it's at another location an hour and a half away. I got lucky because they are going there tomorrow to bring back a couple bikes and said they'd grab mine too (I didn't even have to put anything down!) and even said they'll deliver it me after hours since my schedule doesn't really work out with their hours. 
They also told me NC law says all deposits have to be refundable so long as I don't take my purchase off the lot.

Archived