The MT-07 Forum

FZ-07 pricing thread

Cruizin

• Premium Member

I bought mine last day of the month, last hour of business day. Told them I was paying the sticker price only and no fee's what so ever, I know they are BS and I don't have to pay them. So I got sticker. They called me for a week after trying to get me to buy the extended warranty... lol.

Peace..

-----
I.AM.
-----

-Burtacus

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You have to play along with the stupid game to dunk a good deal. A particular dealership wouldn't give me a ZX6R for $8700 mid-may so I went to a different dealership. Towards the end of may I see their ZX6R up on eBay sold at $8700 and they paid a $125 listing fee. *facepalm*

Purchased a used (400 miles) FZ-07 for $6700 OTD. (6100 list, 8.3% tax, and under 100 in dealership fees) Spent about three weeks shopping and got a best offer of $7700 new OTD but couldn't justify the $1000 difference since this is my first bike. I'm in Colorado by the way :)

recurveshooter

Sithone - That's a nice price! I'm in Colorado also and paid $6990 for the bike. With set-up, filing, Delivery and Handling, and sales tax it came to a total of $8162. I hate paying set-up and delivery and handling but there ya go. Brand new graphite, 3 miles on the odo. YAHOO!

recurveshooter

I paid 7000 OTD. That's what they offered and that was fine. 4500 down and 500 a month no interest. It will be paid off next month. Yay!

amycyclenut

Armed with the knowledge of another member here from CO, I went to a dealership close by and offered $7,400 OTD, he asked if that included tax because when 'he says OTD he means plus tax'. I just looked at him and said "let's just start at $7,400 and go from there". He came back and said he'd do it, including tax. :) They had sold their last 07 the day before and he literally spent 4 hours trying to find one (in Red). They traded an R1 for it.

2015 FZ-07
1986 FZ600
1974 CB450
1973 RD350
sold: 1970 CB350, 1972 CB175, 2009 Vespa S 150

Welp mine was $8600 otd including my gnat helmet and gloves. Super sad I couldn't bring them down at all but they know the bikes in high demand and if I passed I know the bike would of been gone with in the next hour or two

splytsecond

Drove 120 miles south of Chicago to Pekin IL for mine at Cupis Motor Mall. Saw their ad on craigslist and asked what they could do for me out the door paying cash. 7300 otd all taxes fees etc. Best every dealer up here by approx 1000 and they were fantastic to work with. Couldn't have asked for a better buying experience.

Got my liquid graphite for $7156 OTD. No freebies. This is in chicago suburbs :)

Rode 370 miles already on the long weekend.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all, I'm a new poster and needed some advice from you pros. I found a white 2015 FZ-07 with 2,200 miles. The seller was originally asking $6,000 and I negotiated it down to $5650. It comes with a windscreen (not sure which brand), Yoshimura rear fender eliminator (he threw out the original fender), Yamaha bag brackets and Nelson Rigg saddle bags.

A few questions:
1) What do you think of the price? Kelley Bluebook has a stock 2015 in excellent condition at $5,380, which seems low.
2) He said he has all original and service documentation. As I don't have the owners manual, which dealership service documents should I be looking for (e.g. 300 miles, 600 miles, 1000 miles)?
3) Should I be concerned that he doesn't have the original rear fender even though it's horrendous (just thinking about retail value later if I try to re-sell).
4) Would ya'll recommend me dropping it off at a mechanic for a quick inspection? I'm sure the obvious answer is yes but I've never bought a used bike off Craigslist before and I'm not sure how compliant owners are about this. It seems like a low mileage bike should be well sorted but who knows.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

• 2 months later...

2015 Liquid Graphite for $7100 OTD and I bought Engine Guards for another $160 and Heated Grips for $90. Total cost was $7365 with tax. I'm in CT. They will deliver it sometime this week. I can't wait.

Smile Support Society. We play horror/retro games:
(
)

• Premium Member
2015 Liquid Graphite for $7100 OTD and I bought Engine Guards for another $160 and Heated Grips for $90. Total cost was $7365 with tax. I'm in CT. They will deliver it sometime this week. I can't wait.
Good price, got another quote here in cali at 8000 otd still think thats a bit high.....

Good price, got another quote here in cali at 8000 otd still think thats a bit high.....

My advice is get a Costco quote and start asking dealers if they can beat it. If you don't have a membership ask a friend who does. You can do it all online and you should be able to get the price through email.
Smile Support Society. We play horror/retro games:
(
)

• Premium Member
My advice is get a Costco quote and start asking dealers if they can beat it. If you don't have a membership ask a friend who does. You can do it all online and you should be able to get the price through email.

I did look into that, but they dont do the costco pricing here locally...too bad

I picked up a 2016 in silver, and the dealer matched the Costco discount even though they don't actually participate in the program. I ended up at $7700 OTD, including a 5 year warranty.

Got my liquid graphite for $7156 OTD. No freebies. This is in chicago suburbs :) 
Rider711. I'm in the Northwest Chicago Burbs. 
Care to share your dealer info Please?

Just bought a 2016 Matte Silver edition for $7,750 OTD from Mountain Motorsports Marietta. They quoted me $9,646 otd originally I almost laughed and walked out but after some haggling got them down to this after offering 7500 cash. Don't think I did too bad. 

Bike - $6069.81
Freight- $1090                                Freight charges are bs in general they can add it on where ever
Sub total- $7,159.81 

Georgia TTL - $590.19

Total OTD - $7,750.00 

• 3 weeks later...

freight is already compensated to the dealer by the regional distributor. To charge the customer 'freight' let alone more than 2-300 is outright theft.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

Rider711. I'm in the Northwest Chicago Burbs. 
Care to share your dealer info Please?
If you're looking, I am selling my red 2015 with 888 miles on it. I'm in Indy. 

Archived