The MT-07 Forum

Has anyone seen this Tail Tidy before?

Rudolpho

69824aaa7575be7ffec4d3c6f32fba68.jpg4538cb53ef1f91f797d94c904b940d96.jpg
Saw this on a Facebook group and needless to say I want one. I like the look of it much more than a hang down tail tidy and with an integrated tail light and maybe some Ermax under tail plastic and the rear end would look clean as hell!

If it was a little cheaper id jump all over it. But almost 400 dollars is quite overpriced imo

http://www.accessdesign.fr/LICENSE-PLATE-HOLDER-FOR-YAMAHA-MT07 
370.00 dollars US.

I really like that style on motorcycles such as a Diavel, but personally I don't think it matches the FZ07 that well.  The wiring reroute must be a bitch.  Can't wait to see one of you jump on these.  Someone will, right?
I wouldn't even run the turn signals and instead go with an integrated taillight. 
I want this type of set up, will have to see over the next year if another one comes out for cheaper.

• Premium Member

Interesting. I like to inspect my tires routinely and like to spin the wheel there when I clean and lube the chain. That'd just get in the way.

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

• Premium Member

Anyone else notice the lack of an exhaust shroud? That little finger of a pipe is funny looking.

Anyway, the price is a bit steep for what it is. I think @panzer716 mentioned a similar style of mounting a while back, dunno if he came up with anything.

Everything went braap.

I absolutely hate that (seen it on the Diavel too) but that's my opinion.

Current ride = 2014 Moto Guzzi California 1400 Custom

I think by itself yes it looks a little odd, but I look at it with adding plastics and the potential it has. I think it's sexy lookin. In my mind at least :)

• Global Moderator

I am not a big fan of the asymmetry of it. It would also make adjusting the chain a pain.

You'd still need the license plate light though.
You're right. I am going to have to get used to this following the law thing and dealing with cops I can't bribe....

fooschnickens
I am not a big fan of the asymmetry of it. It would also make adjusting the chain a pain.
Not to mention making it impossible to use a rear stand. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
I think it is @pgeldz's duty to be the first one here to get one.
Ha!  It wouldn't go to well with my Naked Race Bike theme :) 
Definitely interesting though!

- Paulie

thomascrown

Italians invented that type of license plate bracket. Only they could figure out how to add unsprung mass to hold a freaking license plate.

• Premium Member
ch3rryghost
Italians invented that type of license plate bracket. Only they could figure out how to add unsprung mass to hold a freaking license plate.
Educate me, I thought it'd only be considered unsprung weight if the bracket were attached to the wheel itself, making it heavier for the bike to get the wheel going? Isn't it just attached to the frame (unsure of technical term)

thomascrown

Unsprung mass moves when the wheel moves, sprung mass moves when the chassis moves. The swingarm is both unsprung, and sprung, depending on it's location. At the swingarm pivot, it is essentially a piece of the chassis, since steel bearings tie it's movement to the chassis'. However, the further down you go toward the wheel, the closer it's relationship to the wheel's movement. So at the very end of the lever arm (where it's attached to the wheel), it is unsprung. The license plate bracket then would be sprung, if it was attached at the swingarm pivot, and unsprung, if it was attached to the chain adjuster.

Less unsprung mass means better wheel control.  The chassis/suspension can better cope with irregularities on the road.  

• Global Moderator

Not a fan, I think it looks ridiculous. The whole bike is way too farkled to my taste.

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member

As a colleague used to put it, "I cannot say enough about that!"

Archived