The MT-07 Forum

Yamaha Blurple Color Match

schalicke

• Premium Member

Credit goes to AugustBB ...

He emailed colorrite directly and they informed him the blue/purple on the liquid graphite is Yamaha 0564/colorrite[HASH]5815 (out of the 4-5 yamaha deep purplish blues they have on their site) and after painting 2 things with it, it is pretty much 99% match.

www.colorrite.com/product/yamaha-0564-deep-purplish-blue-metallic-c-dpbmc-1905.cfm

And just a heads up, if you plan on only buying the color coat and clear coat, not the primer, its cheaper through amazon seller. just go to amazon and search "yamaha 0564" and you'll find an east coast distributor selling the combo for about 41 dollars (that is with shipping). If you go directly through colorrite, along with their shipping charges, it costs around 66 dollars but you get primer.

See AugustBB’s Gallery for some great pics of what he has painted. 
I will post some pics as soon as I get a few thing painted.

Guest whitegas

Damn, there are 8 deep purplish blue metallics on their site! Why even give them the same name if they are different?

Guest whitegas
I found this a while ago too. I think this is a better match IMO.
^ So you have both colors?  Post pics of whatever you painted, I want to see if there is an actual difference between the two. 

• Premium Member

Panzer716…
Have you seen either of them in real life? Curious if one is more blue or purple than factory. I am sure that it is a bit of a gamble picking one over the other. I am no expert but I am pretty sure that all of the colors vary a little coming from the factory. I bet that if we all put our Blurple bikes next to each other we would see a little color difference between them. Unless some of our bikes manufacture numbers were very close indicating they were probably painted with the same batch of paint. I know that my FZ-07 was right next to an FZ-09 on the showroom floor and they both had Blurple wheels. The ones on my bike looked a slight bit darker and more purple. I know that there are a lot of variables going into that perception- shadows, surrounding colors, ect. If you or anyone has any input let us know.

I have already ordered the same paint as AugestBB. I will do a side by side picture of my frame and the aftermarket paint when it gets here. Hopefully others using different paint codes will do the same.

Ok. No I don't have both colors. Sorry. I was going purely based on the pictures and actually owning the bike with the color in question. Based on my picture I see on my computer screen. Yes, I know the computer pictures aren't always accurate but I color matched the pixels from that picture to pictures of my bike. It could be totally inaccurate, I don't know. All I said was "In my opinion" the one looked better on the computer. It is my opinion so it's not really fair to question that. I'm sorry if I offended anyone with the fact that I don not own the products listed.

• Premium Member

Thanks for explaining your thoughts on the color. I was not questioning your opinion and no offense taken. I really was curious if you had seen either of the colors. I like the the basis of your comparison. I would not have though to do that. If you do decide to purchase the paint you like please post pics. I am genuinely intrigued to see the results.

This type of misunderstanding happens. There is no way to hear a persons tone via text on a screen. It can sometimes be difficult to determine if a person is being genuine, sarcastic, silly, angry, ect. I guess I should use emoticons more… :)

• Premium Member

Radiator guard for sure. Maybe a couple of bits on the rear sets. Not sure on anything else. It will be one of those spur of the monument things when I tend to get excited and go overboard. (rofl)

I will probably paint until the 1 can I bought is empty.

• Premium Member

Here is picture of the paint I bought off of Amazon… I think it look extremely close. I will get a pic in the sunlight tomorrow.
H04K4t0.jpgQMs4ITK.jpg

Guest whitegas

How many coats you do on the black radiator guard? The black original color definitely changed the color of the blue. Unless its just the shadows, it looks darker than the dpbm you put on the silver leg guards.

By the way @schalicke, what is the other motorcycle you have in your garage?

• Premium Member

Wet sanded the Radiator Guard with 600 - 4 coats + 4 coats of clear.
No sanding the Side Piece - 3 coats + 2 coats of clear.

If I had to do it over I would primer the Rad Guard first. However, it is so close that unless they are next to each other it is hard to notice... Unless someone is inspecting. Its not so different that I feel like it needs to be re painted. I am very happy with the result on all of the pieces.

My wifes 09 Kawasaki Ninja 250R….

I posted some sunlight pics in my gallery...

• Premium Member

Looks great - even though I am trying to see a color difference, I really can't say I see one. Good match!

• Premium Member

I just went through this whole color thing as well. In the Yamaha paint code matrix, there are several shades of Deep Purplish Blue Metallic. Dealer actually gets their stuff from Colorrite. They showed me their database, and sure enough, their color codes were listed next to the Colorrite ones.

If you go to Colorrite's site they list the same one for several different year bikes, even though I've seen these bikes in person and some look slightly different.

It's a difficult color to asses. For example, depending on the light...whether indoor or natural sunlight, and the direction it's coming from, it can look different even on the same bike depending on the curvature of the surface i's on as well as the material (plastic or metal).

I'm getting some custom work done so I went as far as to have my painter go to the dealer with his spectrum analyzer gun and copy it directly from a 2015 Yamaha R6. Sure enough, the paint on the plastic bits was a shade different than the metal on the tank.

I had him do a spray out sample of each and chose the one I thought I'd rather have. Both looked way more purplish than blue.

But then I took the sample and matched it up to two different bikes, a 2014 R6 at a dealer in the showroom, and a 2010 R6 in bright sunlight.

In both cases, it was spot on.

The reason I chose to go this route over Colorrite is because he's a dealer for Dupont products. After it's all said and done, I'll post up the Dupont color code so ya'll don't have to go through all this hassle :)

- Paulie

Guest whitegas

@pgeldz I'm willing to bet hands down that you've spent the most money on FZ07 mods on these forums.   :o

Archived