The MT-07 Forum

Akrapovič Carbon Race Exhaust

USMCFieldMP

Quite the fiasco on the delivery, as the local UPS screwed up and delivered it to the wrong address. It appears to have been a labeling problem locally. Lucky for me, the fine gentleman that they delivered it to noticed the mistake later and drove across town to give it to me.

I'm mechanically inclined so this was a fairly simple install. Took me about 80 or 90 minutes. The hardest part by far was getting the bottom bolts for the footrest back in; they just didn't seem to line up great.

I'll try to do a video in a few days with my mic'd DSLR. This exhaust sounds wonderful; a real thumper.

pWSnEO7.jpg

grr232y.jpg

8wb1A4N.jpg

VmpmOuh.jpg

sRuT6m9.jpg

Here's my first attempt at a sound clip of my Akrapovic Carbon Race. Camera is a Sony Action Cam; Mic is an external Sony mic ziptied onto the passenger foot peg.

Unfortunately, the video doesn't really sound too much like it does in person; I think the mic was too close to the pipe, but I'm not sure I could have found a better spot for it. I might give it another attempt once it warms up around here.

[video src=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-u3LDXrklU]

EDIT: Gave it another shot with my Sony A65 DSLR. Mic and camera were about 20ft away from the bike. Still not great, but a better audio capture. I think the camera is probably trying to equalize the sound to keep from having such a loud spike, but when you crack the throttle from idle, it really has a good throaty yell.

Definitely getting an Akrapovic for this bike once I buy it come Spring!

Current ride = 2014 Moto Guzzi California 1400 Custom

Archived