The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

Installed Kellermann Micro Rhombus Dark LEDS on the rear end.

DSC_1361.jpg

• Like 3

SigSide.jpg

dentalprodigy

I rode it today in not the most best of conditions. Got caught in ice rain and had to really hurry home. Never again. Especially with the tires that I have (Pirelli Supercorsa Diablo sc2 ?? something) which are not exactly made for rain or ice rain for that matter.

Also, had a close call. Approached a 4 way stop sign and since I got there first was about to proceed ahead before a F150 rolled through the stop sign. I laid on the horn and approached the driver. I f'd up here big time. Should have just let it go but being on a bike with a helmet on you get a false sense of invisibility. Some not so pg-13 words were exchanged and basically I got put in my place (verbally thankfully) when the driver got out of the car and got in my face about calling him a "a$$hole". In the process of getting out he hit my handlebars and scratched them. Debating weather to upload video to youtube, or proceed with "hit and run" or just let it go. Technically, I did pull up next to him. Don't wanna show the cops the video/make a police report and end up with a random infraction myself. Anyways, this is all cringeworthy and a lesson learned for me. To put your ego at home before out riding.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
xcarbonsteelx

Had a great ride! Here's from a different angle:

c25cfbc1cec03fed5458400cabd13c8f.jpg

• Like 5

- xCarbonSteelx

• Premium Member
Went for a 175mile jaunt up to prescott and back with @phicurious86 , @xcarbonsteelx , @fzaz84 , @jeckler , and a harley friend of carbon 
b812d48a211f7e7341387f00787e0cda.jpg

Not pictured is the elusive phicurious and his street triple r

He was too good to park with us
Aw man I should have come with you guys.  Clearly that group was in desperate need of some sexy blurple action
  • Like 3

• Premium Member

Raining here today, so I might as well catch up on a few projects.
Installed the split dual-tone Denali Horn (I love it, and can't wait to use it on these bad drivers on the road), also installed the H4 3800 LED from cyclops , a blue small (RDL), and change the oil for my FZ-07
Enjoy....!!

0c54e3e2a8257764f37cf3f82dd549d3.jpg1e3a4de7d46f84cf85139f6942a180a1.jpg4abe8c344d3a003ceb1e6fd024de1f12.jpg4725ec45a1db49e0e38d74aa4f627c10.jpge7b7daf579358b561413d2b451efc0c5.jpg3db44cac4193d936f7f6fd9be21d10fc.jpg57f4b144e89c2976934ad2bded4e8dc3.jpghttps://vimeo.com/159726105

• Like 4

• Premium Member
xcarbonsteelx

Went for a 175mile jaunt up to prescott and back with @phicurious86 , @xcarbonsteelx , @fzaz84 , @jeckler , and a harley friend of carbon 
b812d48a211f7e7341387f00787e0cda.jpg

Not pictured is the elusive phicurious and his street triple r

He was too good to park with us
Aw man I should have come with you guys.  Clearly that group was in desperate need of some sexy blurple action

There was a lone blurple up there.
  • Like 2

- xCarbonSteelx

• Global Moderator

There was a lone blurple up there.
wonder who that was?
Had a full touring pack and madstad doublebubble shield

• Like 2

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Premium Member

Your 175 mile jaunt was about 300 for me. I just got home. Next time, east side. :)

• Like 1

- Andy

• Global Moderator
Your 175 mile jaunt was about 300 for me. I just got home. Next time, east side. :)
Im down...
just gotta figure out the next route probably around middle to end of next month?

Raining here today, so I might as well catch up on a few projects. Installed the split dual-tone Denali Horn (I love it, and can't wait to use it on these bad drivers on the road), also installed the H4 3800 LED from cyclops , a blue small (RDL), and change the oil for my FZ-07
Enjoy....!!

0c54e3e2a8257764f37cf3f82dd549d3.jpg1e3a4de7d46f84cf85139f6942a180a1.jpg4abe8c344d3a003ceb1e6fd024de1f12.jpg4725ec45a1db49e0e38d74aa4f627c10.jpge7b7daf579358b561413d2b451efc0c5.jpg3db44cac4193d936f7f6fd9be21d10fc.jpg57f4b144e89c2976934ad2bded4e8dc3.jpghttps://vimeo.com/159726105

I gotta come check that horn out!

• Premium Member

Instead of riding today I helped out a guy with a GXR 600 ...

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

• Global Moderator
Installed MY NEW TANK GRIPPER. 
IMG_2285_zps8foweptx.jpg~original

Which grip pads are those
and how do they feel?

• Premium Member
yamahappy74
Instead of riding today I helped out a guy with a GXR 600 ...
Did someone say GSXR 600? 
  • Like 1

Hes from scotland laddie 

Correct ^^
Looks awesome. How I wish I were a highlander.
  • Like 1

Beemer

caliesv

The horn looks and sounds good & loud. Have some questions. I assume both parts wouldn't fit in the original place for the horn. Is that why they are separated and I'm curious about the wiring. For the original horn there is just the one wire leading to it so how did you have to configure the wiring for the Denali? Does it take extra power for it to operate correctly on our bike? Also, your headlight looks odd, it has sort of a day-glo yellow tint to it or is that just camera magic? Let us know if any cops rip you on your blue light. It looks cool but I do wonder about how Fife is going to take it.

[attachment id=1533" thumbnail="1]

• Like 2

Beemer

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

@beemer. The bike you're talking about actually belongs to @Slow06er. I think @caliesv was just replying that he wanted to see the setup in person since they're both in the Bay Area.

• Like 2

SigSide.jpg

caliesv 
The horn looks and sounds good & loud. Have some questions. I assume both parts wouldn't fit in the original place for the horn. Is that why they are separated and I'm curious about the wiring. For the original horn there is just the one wire leading to it so how did you have to configure the wiring for the Denali? Does it take extra power for it to operate correctly on our bike? Also, your headlight looks odd, it has sort of a day-glo yellow tint to it or is that just camera magic? Let us know if any cops rip you on your blue light. It looks cool but I do wonder about how Fife is going to take it.

[attachment id=1533" thumbnail="1]
It's not my bike ☺ but if I find out any answers to your questions I'll let you know. The bike belongs to @slow06er

• Like 2

• Premium Member

caliesv 

[attachment thumbnail=1" id="1533]

I might as well do a group reply to all of you gentlemen " @beemer, @caliesv, & @jeffkisthename" -
The Denali split dual horn is made if someone lack the space on its motorcycle like our FZ07, is to split both of the two devices (horn & compressor), and that what I did, power draw for that horn is 20 Amps (I would say that is high), voltage is 12 volts, loudness is 120 decibels (really loud ), as for the wiring, I ordered from revzilla a wiring harness, it just made my installation much easier with plenty of length for the wires, so I decided to put the compressor in the back right side next to the seat (for convenient).

As for the headlight, my H4 3800 lumen (Cyclops) came with a glass cover , and I think the glass cover gives the yellow with the white light, if I remove the glass cover, I believe I will have all white head light beam, I haven't experiment with it yet.

And for the blue (RDL)...., well...!!, I will await until some cop stop me and give me that ticket, I have a backup cool white bulb, were I could swap and use.

• Like 2

Grooming the wife to take over FZ-07 duties.

fz10.jpg

• Like 7

I visit here at least once a week.  Got any questions, ask and I will answer!

• Premium Member

Took Yami for her first set of race tires (Pirelli SuperCorsa SC2's), and finished taping her off in preparation for Thursday's track day.

Unrelated to Yami, I also managed to make great strides with the new Laguna Seca video project I'm working on :)

- Paulie

• Like 5

• Premium Member

Nice! My wife is very open to picking up a FZ07 as well. Now all the high end gear I have been researching for myself can now be outfitted to her. Fun stuff!  
What is the little black box mounted on the rear of her helmet?

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

@beemer . The bike you're talking about actually belongs to @slow06er . I think @caliesv was just replying that he wanted to see the setup in person since they're both in the Bay Area.
Right! I usually catch that at the bottom but for some reason I didn't today. Too focused on the pics I think, thanks! 

Beemer

• Global Moderator
jeffkisthename

Nice! My wife is very open to picking up a FZ07 as well. Now all the high end gear I have been researching for myself can now be outfitted to her. Fun stuff!  
What is the little black box mounted on the rear of her helmet?

Looks like a Sena SMH10R Bluetooth antenna.
  • Like 2

SigSide.jpg