The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

Thank you kindly, sir! I can't view the pic right now (at work and it's blocked by IT) but I'll come back to this post when I get home and adjust mine tonight. Just reading your post I have an idea of what to do already. I appreciate it!

Life is good on 2 wheels!

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick
Replaced the levers with black adjustables. IMG_1817.jpg

Looks good. Do you plan on keeping the stock clutch lever? If not, I'd love to have it since I already bent mine. :'(

Illegitimi non carborundum

Guest unknown

HippeBC, I got new ones in today as well, I can send you my old clutch one if you want it. It won't come with a bushing but you can use your old one.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Not the bike but I got my new helmet in today, added a tinted shield too. The helmet I was using was from back when I was 40lbs heavier and was an XXL so it didn't fit very well, went down to a L, fits great and cuts through the air, took away a lot of that wind when hitting 80mph+

nu5ilkc.jpg

• Like 1

Keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up.

Not the bike but I got my new helmet in today, added a tinted shield too. The helmet I was using was from back when I was 40lbs heavier and was an XXL so it didn't fit very well, went down to a L, fits great and cuts through the air, took away a lot of that wind when hitting 80mph+ 

Congrats on the weight loss man!  (and the new gear!)
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

I lost that weight about 4 years ago, just never got a new full face, haha.

Installed Akrapovic Ti on the 07. So sweet, so nice. Will post media later.

• Like 1

FZ07 Mods: Akrapovic Ti - Shorai Lithium Battery - Pazzo Levers - OEM Flyscreen

Cool deal. I sub to him, C2W, IAMRAMEKIN, MizShift, YummiR6... A whole bunch of those guys. I don't have cable TV, so YouTube is my cable haha.

I watched DS and Chase riding some rented scooters last night in full track suits. Holy God that was some funny stuff!

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick

Installed red OES frame sliders. I hope they never get used.

• Like 1

Installed red OES frame sliders. I hope they never get used.

Ditto!  

Here's what I did today:

[ul type=disc][*]Tightened the drive chain.  Took about 3/4" of slack out to get it back to the low end of the spec (~2.01" - like you can measure 0.01" haha).[*]Tightened the throttle cable (thanks Guru for the help!)[*]Installed a Yoshimura fender eliminator kit.  Stock turn signals for now, but I have some ideas for some custom rear signals.  The brackets that hold the turn signals on the Yoshi kit are removable, and I think it will look real slick without them.  zjByEMw.jpg[*]Installed the OES frame sliders.  [/ul][div style=text-align:center]C5Lm78l.jpg
[/div][div]
All in all, a pretty productive rainy day!  [/div]

• Premium Member
hippiebikerchick
How do you like the looks of them?
They look good and I like them. 

nu5ilkc.jpg
How have you liked the s&s so far? Comfy, quiet? I was thinking about getting one as well. Already have a matte black on so I was going to get the red white and blue that donates to the wonder warriors foundation.

• Premium Member

Love the helmet so far. To me it's quiet, but thats coming from a helmet two sizes too big. I paid just under $100 for the helmet and the tinted visor, they had a sale on the large size so paid $68 for the helmet and $29 for the visor. The quick release locking system they use instead of the d-rings is awesome, I have thick leather Sedici gloves and can take the helmet off in a few seconds while wearing them.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Well, got all the way down to the throttle bodies only to realize I don't have the right size tubing for my manometer, lol. Looks like a trip to Lowes tomorrow then i'll post the "how to" up on here. I have included how to take all the panels off too.

Well, got all the way down to the throttle bodies only to realize I don't have the right size tubing for my manometer, lol. Looks like a trip to Lowes tomorrow then i'll post the "how to" up on here. I have included how to take all the panels off too.
Can't wait to see that.  I "built" a manomoter for my Triumph Triple, using jars, rubber stoppers and tubing.  Used trans fluid in the jars for good visuals.  Was cheap and fun, although pretty tedious on the Triumph.  Had to remove the tank. but still fuel the bike, using yet another jar and fuel line.