The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

Made it home just in time before severe weather hit!
Is that not one of the greatest feelings in the world?  Having NOT made it back in time before, any time I narrowly escape like that I am very happy haha.  

Life is good on 2 wheels!

drpepperrider2 Also, there is very little difference between low end and high end exhausts (2, maybe 3 h.p.) so removing the baffle isn't going make much difference. His buttometer needs recalibrating I think.

• Like 1

Beemer

drpepperrider2
drpepperrider2 Also, there is very little difference between low end and high end exhausts (2, maybe 3 h.p.) so removing the baffle isn't going make much difference. His buttometer needs recalibrating I think.
thats what I thought , I may try aswell since its only an alen key bolt that holds the baffle in.

Anyone from quebec canada here ? Its a province near mine and id like to make a trip up there but ive heard theres a restriction to 100db , dunno if my m4 would be too loud :(

fooschnickens
thats what I thought , I may try aswell since its only an alen key bolt that holds the baffle in.
Heh, mine were held in by "only an allen key bolt" too, and ended up taking an entire afternoon of creating an elaborate contraption to yank them free. Hopefully yours come out easier than mine. 

njdevils1990

Not today, but I dropped my 07 off for the 8,000 mile service. Should have it back Tuesday afternoon. Then packing up and doing a ~2,500 mile trip (1,200 miles each way) to Florida from the 24th to the 2nd.

• Like 1

2003 Buell XB9R (2011-2011) Crashed
2009 Buell 1125CR (2011-2013) Sold
2015 Yamaha FZ-07 (2014-?) Current

308144.png

Heh, mine were held in by "only an allen key bolt" too, and ended up taking an entire afternoon of creating an elaborate contraption to yank them free. Hopefully yours come out easier than mine.
On the M4?  That's odd.  Mine was super easy to pull out by hand once I removed the bolt holding it in.  I've bolted it back in and removed it many times without any issues. 

littlesquirt, That's a nice looking exhaust system you have there. What brand is it? How do you like the sound of it. Did you just install it as is without any fuel mods?

modmaster

littlesquirt
It is a Delkevic
yeaup, Delkevic, its pretty loud.   great buy for the money though. 

plasti-dipped the side covers and foot rest guards

434BD110-D5FF-4C6B-8447-759CFC39382C_zps6pdlgrrq.jpg

• Like 4

• Premium Member

On my ride to work today I came across another FZ on 131 a white one going a little above the speed limit. ;)

2015 FZ-07 2003 2014 GSXR 1000

• Premium Member

Hey littlesquirt that plasti dip is a very nice touch! How much did that run you to get it done?

• Premium Member
yamahappy74

Won't that plastidip come right off of the heel guard? It looks great though.

It is a Delkevic
Is it a Marthy exhaust or straight from Delkevic? Assuming the latter? 

littlesquirt

plasti dip is like $7 at home depot. exhaust is straight from Delkavic, for $350 its a great deal for a full system.

• Premium Member
On my ride to work today I came across another FZ on 131 a white one going a little above the speed limit. ;)
What time??? I was on 131 today this morn heading south from west river to Dorr exit...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

Installed my Yoshi exhaust that was waiting on my porch when I got home. Woohoo.

Took a little over an hour w/cleanup following Russian Rider's how-to. Easiest bike I ever worked on.

PS: I will probably end up getting a fuel manager in the near future, as I noticed just a SLIGHT decrease in low end torque even with the baffle in.

• Global Moderator

Thats all phi?
You and the gf need to get out more :P

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

fooschnickens
Won't that plastidip come right off of the heel guard? It looks great though.
I'd worry about the same thing, I rest my heels against there when I'm cruising and my boots would make quick work of that stuff after a couple weeks. I do plan on blacking mine out, though, in addition to painting the rear plastics white. That white pearl is too pretty to only be on the tank! 

• Premium Member
phicurious86
Thats all phi? You and the gf need to get out more :P
I keep wanting to go on some longer rides up north, but it's so damned hot! Also, I'm not sure if her ass can handle more than an hour on that passenger saddle.

Hardly a saddle ...more like a maxi-pad  (rofl) 

Thats all phi? You and the gf need to get out more :P
I keep wanting to go on some longer rides up north, but it's so damned hot! Also, I'm not sure if her ass can handle more than an hour on that passenger saddle.

• Premium Member

After only owning the bike for 4 months, I have rolled over 4000 miles. Doing what I'm suppose to do. Riding her instead of just sitting pretty in the garage. Well I've also decided to make it my daily commuter as well since I got the Ninja 300. That thing is a lot of fun in the twisties.