The MT-07 Forum

What did you do to your Yamaha FZ-07 today?

Cruizin

• Premium Member
Right on, I'll photograph it tonight with some cleaner shots after work and throw them up.  
Not a big deal but I am of the female variety  :)
So sorry!!!  Not sure how I missed you were of the "female variety" :)

Thank you so much for the pics!

From what I can tell, it looks like they are about the same height as the SB bars, but slightly more forward and a little less sweep.

I like them for sure, but until I have time to experiment I just may keep the SB bars - as their design allows for awesome mounting of my GoPro.

:)

Again, so sorry!

- Paulie
  • Like 1

Well it's a small step but a step forward nonetheless - I decided to try painting out the logo on the tire, and I gotta admit I like it. The silver actually has a reflective quality about it as well, which is bitchin'.

8EA45280-5C0D-4F02-90B9-53765C87C103_zpsvuok6ek9.jpg

• Like 2

suspiciouspackage
I'm just catching up, work has been hectic the past week...  As I'm reading through, I spotted the "sir" ha... I almost said something but you beat me to it.   
Thanks for the pics.  That side shot is what I wanted to see.  They may not be as low as I was expecting, but did look lower in that pic than I originally thought.  They also look more forward than I thought.  

Nice stand by the way; I have the same one and love it.  
I LOVE the stand, makes putting the bike up by yourself so easy. Glad the pictures helped. Now if only someone in SD had the m1 bars for me to try out.......... 
(OT: You see how they blew up the Blazers in the off-season?? Daaaaammmn. I'm excited for a new era and wish LA the best. Congrats on signing Marc and it seems like Conley plans on sticking around too? He's so underrated IMHO, always been one of my favs)
Well hi there. Heh. 
Update on my MPG: 63.13mpg on last fillup.

I'm just catching up, work has been hectic the past week...  As I'm reading through, I spotted the "sir" ha... I almost said something but you beat me to it.   
Thanks for the pics.  That side shot is what I wanted to see.  They may not be as low as I was expecting, but did look lower in that pic than I originally thought.  They also look more forward than I thought.  

Nice stand by the way; I have the same one and love it.  
I LOVE the stand, makes putting the bike up by yourself so easy. Glad the pictures helped. Now if only someone in SD had the m1 bars for me to try out.......... 
(OT: You see how they blew up the Blazers in the off-season?? Daaaaammmn. I'm excited for a new era and wish LA the best. Congrats on signing Marc and it seems like Conley plans on sticking around too? He's so underrated IMHO, always been one of my favs)
Conley is my favorite Griz for sure... I'm a Buckeye too! Excited for next season; I'm about to get season tickets.  

Life is good on 2 wheels!

• Premium Member
@pgeldz  
20150708_171240.jpg

20150708_171248.jpg

@databyter

The thought of shaving off the nubs did cross my mind, maybe you could lay some grippy material around the bar to help secure it in place of it? At the end of the day, I take everything as a learning opportunity and try not to cut corners unless it's the better alternative.

I'm assuming you aren't in San Diego? If you were I'd let you take the bike for a spin to see how it feels. It's a welcomed change for me, like I mentioned in an earlier post it makes me feel more engaged as opposed to being more laid back/comfortable. The great thing about the clip-ons are that they have essentially two positions; an 'up' and a 'down' if you install it in the up position it'll lower the bar, but not as aggressively as what you see in the pictures.

This picture may help, that's sitting in the 'up' position. Flip the rig on its head and bam, down position.
F29071436.jpg

Pretty neat option for those with fickle minds :)

Actually I AM in San Diego, but I wouldn't feel comfortable riding your bike, maybe sit on it sometime when I get down to that priority on my to-do list. 
I'm a relatively new rider for powered 2 wheelers (6 weeks) and doing alright, for instance I split home on the 805 today in heavy traffic from La Jolla down to below Chula Vista (as needed) and felt pretty good about it although I let some faster bikers thru.

But I wouldn't want to ride anyone elses bike until I had a lot more miles under my seat. When I am ready for that mod though I might beg a sit down on it :).

I was also thinking about a thin soft rubber (inner tube or even the right sized wide rubber band) to give the switch sets solid grip and flexibility without the notch since they don't actually seem to cinch down, But I stopped working on it that day, because as usual it was after work and the place I am staying does have a driveway and side yard, but the garage is used for storage (sacrilege) and so I stop working when it gets dark. I needed to make sure I had a good install on both levers and put off the custom project for another day. I really wanted to move the on off starter group outboard further against the grip so that I could get my mirrors out further as well.

I'm weeks or months away from a mod like that, but today I got a new torque wrench and tommorow or asap I am installing Frame sliders and engine covers, and I also got my windscreen FINALLY which I will install tommorow for sure. I'm tempted to go do it with a flashlight :) but uno, I'll have more fun doing it tommorow afternoon with a cold beer after work.

Databyter

Databyter

suspiciouspackage
Actually I AM in San Diego, but I wouldn't feel comfortable riding your bike, maybe sit on it sometime when I get down to that priority on my to-do list. 
I'm a relatively new rider for powered 2 wheelers (6 weeks) and doing alright, for instance I split home on the 805 today in heavy traffic from La Jolla down to below Chula Vista (as needed) and felt pretty good about it although I let some faster bikers thru.

But I wouldn't want to ride anyone elses bike until I had a lot more miles under my seat. When I am ready for that mod though I might beg a sit down on it :).

I was also thinking about a thin soft rubber (inner tube or even the right sized wide rubber band) to give the switch sets solid grip and flexibility without the notch since they don't actually seem to cinch down, But I stopped working on it that day, because as usual it was after work and the place I am staying does have a driveway and side yard, but the garage is used for storage (sacrilege) and so I stop working when it gets dark. I needed to make sure I had a good install on both levers and put off the custom project for another day. I really wanted to move the on off starter group outboard further against the grip so that I could get my mirrors out further as well.

I'm weeks or months away from a mod like that, but today I got a new torque wrench and tommorow or asap I am installing Frame sliders and engine covers, and I also got my windscreen FINALLY which I will install tommorow for sure. I'm tempted to go do it with a flashlight :) but uno, I'll have more fun doing it tommorow afternoon with a cold beer after work.

Databyter
I'm curious to know if I saw you or not. Did you take the 805 or the 5 and at what time? Cause I commute from Otay Ranch to Miramar (and vice versa) almost everyday.

I got the right side bar end mirror after having purchased only one bar end (left) just incase I wasn't going to like it compared to stock. I love the new bar ends I have and I can see much more around me with the new bar ends. Just incase anyone is interested. I got the Speedmetal Reversible Bar Ends from Cyclegear $40 each, great quality and they have a blue tint to reduce glare. OH YEA, It makes my bike look much more aggressive which I love!

Do you have pics with these installed?

I got the right side bar end mirror after having purchased only one bar end (left) just incase I wasn't going to like it compared to stock. I love the new bar ends I have and I can see much more around me with the new bar ends. Just incase anyone is interested. I got the Speedmetal Reversible Bar Ends from Cyclegear $40 each, great quality and they have a blue tint to reduce glare. OH YEA, It makes my bike look much more aggressive which I love!

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I have the speed metal foldable bar end mirrors and the are awesome. Way better than stock. I can just glance my eyes down and see directly behind and a little to the side of me without having to shrug my shoulders away looking at the stock mirrors. I tired the reversible speed metal mirrors and didn't like them. Here in Cali the best option is to have foldable mirrors so i can quickly fold them away when splitting traffic and quickly unfold them. Works very easy and they don't move at all.

20150624_175856.jpg
forum image hosting

• Like 1

• Premium Member
ch3rryghost

@databyter

@suspiciouspackage, Mind letting me sit on your bike--I had my mind set on the M1 until I saw the woodcrafts and figured I should guinea pig for the forum. 

Hang on here, maybe I saw one of you guys a few weeks back. Either one of you on a white FZ? In the mornings I'm going 163N>805N>Sorrento Valley/Mira Mesa after work it's obviously reverse.

Data, if you'd like I'd be more than happy to let you sit on the bike. We could do a short ride afterwards as well. Just shoot me a PM and we can set something up.

• Premium Member
ch3rryghost

What turn signals these are? The yamahas?

-Pan Am

Yep, good call

• Premium Member

Databyter
I'm curious to know if I saw you or not. Did you take the 805 or the 5 and at what time? Cause I commute from Otay Ranch to Miramar (and vice versa) almost everyday.
Our commute is very similar and the time depends on the day as my shifts start anywhere from 5:30 to 10:00 depending.
Yesterday my home commute was around 4:30ish within an hour or so. Wasn't really paying much attn. to the time. Also yesterday it was the 805 although I sometimes go 5 or 163 cuz the coastal route is more scenic. I have a white bike and wear white and black jacket and gloves and black overpants
Databyter

Databyter

Bought a Yoshi exhaust and ripped the snorkel out last night. Snorkel makes it sound better already when rolling onto the throttle. I wonder if my neighbors will start hating me once the pipes come in.

• Premium Member

@fz07fanboy where did you get that rear hugger? did it come painted? it seems like a good match

Installed shorty levers, Givi windscreen, cleaned and lubed the chain, AND drumroll please...

Got heat exhaustion, be careful in this heat

I'm going to be OK, just have to relax drink fluids and minimize or eliminate any thing not needed

@jerryv  Here are the pictures you asked for which I took today.

If you want to see more you can flip them outwards like this picture. Otherwise they work just fine on the inside you just see a little less behind you. But with two mirrors it's not a problem!

[span]    [/span]http://i.imgur.com/w4WQ0OE.jpg

[span]    [/span]http://i.imgur.com/ZmBVcNt.jpg
[span]    [/span]
[span]    [/span]http://i.imgur.com/CMrOfVz.jpg

• Premium Member
wickedtwister

I might try to fabricate a display bracket that moves it forward like this. But I want to stuff it all under a small wind screen. Not sure how it will look.

I was pretty busy yesterday. I installed my yoshimura exhaust, Dobeck EJK and fender eliminator. I also removed my reflectors on the front forks. It was pretty intimidating stripping down a brand new bike and it was also my first time working on a bike.

http://i.imgur.com/P06KUJa.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/axmjmpq.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/8Vd3Yz1.jpg

• Like 2

I might try to fabricate a display bracket that moves it forward like this. But I want to stuff it all under a small wind screen. Not sure how it will look.

I'll be very interested in buying one if it can fit in the wind screen.
And also the rear set plates if you were to make a pair :)