The MT-07 Forum

Tire pressure

NICKY NEON

If you want to maximize your grip the rule of thumb is +10% Front & +20% Rear. By example F30 R30 cold psi should put you around F33 R36 hot psi. Thats after 30-45 minutes ride.

Higher psi will improve durability of your tires but you will have less traction since the tire will run colder.

ive tried 30psi f&b but it felt to soft. im running 32psi in the front and 34 I the back that's cold psi

im trying to talk about the right tire pressure for the best road grip. but people rather talk about the fastest color bike nonsense.
ah...so being fah-see-shush ... I get it  :P

im trying to talk about the right tire pressure for the best road grip. but people rather talk about the fastest color bike nonsense. http://fz07.org/thread/332/fastest-color
There's only been one post in that thread since you started this one, but, umm... OK.   
Tire pressure is something that is very subjective.  There's no right or wrong answer and not much anyone can really tell you about what you should run.  

Ironically, it's about as subjective as - color choice haha.  

Life is good on 2 wheels!

I WAS LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WITH SOME KNOWLEDGE ABOUT TIRE PRESSURE BUT I GUESS I FIGURE IT OUT MYSELF.[strong]MY VOTE IS RED![/strong]

• Global Moderator

I thought there was some good information here. It seems like there is not a "one size fits all" answer to your question. I have been running the book recommended pressures, but there are obviously different opinions depending on your preferences.

I set my by the book 36 back 33 front I am in the 230 lbs range.Tire pressure is ok it's rear shock that is little on soft side for my weight  :D.

the answers 36 back and 33 front is set up for 2 people on the bike. the pressure is to hard for a single rider and you will not get the best traction.
this is why I ax this question.
[strong]my vote is white[/strong]

Dude... If you can be more clear about what you are asking for, you might just get better responses. All you did was 'ax' "for a 200lbs. rider what should I set my pressure for the front and read tires." You didn't mention if the question was in regards to better traction nor better durability. Better gas mileage?  Better dry traction or better wet traction?  Better ride feel?  Better responsiveness? 

Marthy gave some great tips and rules-of-thumb, but without more specific questions from you, we can't read your mind and know what you are specifically asking about. In addition to all that, as I mentioned above tire pressure is very subjective. We can't tell you what you want things to feel like, just like we can't tell you what color you would like best.

You say that 33/36 is too hard - OK, then why are you asking? You seem to already know what you want to hear us say. If you want better traction, start with what you have and lower it a bit each ride until it feels right for you. Nobody on here can possibly tell you what that pressure would be.

better gas mileage lmao I don't ride a scooter. ive said traction many time but you didn't see it. im sending you home with a note for your mother.
dear mrs. aeisan your son doest play nice with the other children. please have a talk with him

thank you,
mr. nicky neon

im just playing with you aeisan :)

With the stock Michelins 33/36 felt ok but with stock Bridgestones it feels to hard,
I suspect the pressures are set on the high side to be safe when carrying a passenger,
you may have to experiment to get it right for you.
White is definitely fastest.

better gas mileage lmao I don't ride a scooter. ive said traction many time but you didn't see it. im sending you home with a note for your mother. dear mrs. aeisan your son doest play nice with the other children. please have a talk with him

thank you,
mr. nicky neon

im just playing with you aeisan :)
If you read my post, I think it's obvious I figured out you were asking about better traction - AFTER your little rant, not in the original question.  

Did you write that note, or did the Chik-fil-a cows write it?    

I'm just playing with you too...  Nothing ever written on the interwebz has ever gotten under my skin ha! Eet mor chikun!

• 2 years later...

Just saw this post looking for an answer, so I might as well ask here.

Any suggestions for track riding tire pressure? I was thinking something like 28F/30R. PR3s, 175pounds rider.

• Premium Member

"for a 200lbs. rider what should I set my pressure for the front and read tires." as per the original post. Initially, it does not say for best traction, more comfort, better control... or any other desired criteria. Hence...

When mucking with MC tire pressures--especially when modifying manufacturer recommended pressure--it would be of supreme importance to have input from MC tire experts since safety is ALWAYS such a major factor. I'm not sure "we" are the ones to do more than give personal opinion and I'd not mod my pressures based purely on this.

Stay safe.

Archived